Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pink


Pink
Originally uploaded by umar.s

I'll be wearing this with a black suit on the 4th day of the wedding.

This tie was exactly what I was searching for, but who knew it would be so hard to find?
The search took me to dozens of stores in Toronto and also to several in Buffalo... but none of them knew of a pink paisley tie. Just as we were about to give up hope, I saw a Lord & Taylor's in the mall and thought it was worth a shot to take a look. And there it was.

It's the same shade of pink that her dress is. What makes it all the more amazing is that her dress has green in it, and this tie has bits of that same color too (although it's a bit hard to see from this photo).

Moral of the story: if you're dead set on getting something, keep looking because it's out there.

2 comments:

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Haven't been here in a long time myself!

Mashallah mubarak on the wedding! I married in 2008 as well so alhamdolillah to that!

Hope to see more of you on www.globalthemes.org

I know that getting married can mean vanishing from the face of the earth, God knows I did, but am back now in 2009!

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Salams Umar!

Ab paanch saal ho gaya lol hope all is well. Just letting you know www.globalthemes.org is back. Do join us!