Saturday, March 10, 2007

38 Days

Kudos to Eleni, for putting together another awesome movie. It's a timelapsed video of our last photoshoot (with crazy antics in between). Do watch it!


Come see all these crazy designers at the show.

Seeing how this related to photography, I'll mention that I've landed my first wedding photography gig for later this month. I've ordered a studio lighting kit from Henry's which is now ready for pick-up.


On the same topic, I was contacted by Awakening.org and a volunteer for the group, Aashiq-al-Rasul. They saw my RIS photos on my Flickr stream and photoblog and asked to use the photos on their websites. Awakening wants to put them on nazeelazami.com and hamzarobertson.com.

8 comments:

Pink said...

sorry, that was me, pink

'liya said...

Congrats on the wedding photo gig and the website offers. Your ordered equipment looks like the real deal :D

Keep giving us reminders for the show so that I remember to come, I'd love to see all your work!

'liya said...

One more thing, that pic with the building/sky reflection you have on the side there is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the wedding photography stuff =)

was the person who contacted you from Awakening Israa by any chance? cos I showed her your RIS photos :)

Umar said...

thanks for the comments guys :)
let's see how the wedding shoot goes.


nur: yes, it was israa. i guess i have you to thank then :)

Anonymous said...

coolies, you should ask to get paid - and i'd get commission :p.

hey, just saw the video, were you the only one taking photos? and the lighting stuff looks good, how much did it cost? =)

Pink said...

seeing as ur profile now says 'i'm a designer' - does that mean u've graduated?

ur profile pic looks like one of sami's poses in al-mu'allim *shakes head*

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Fabulous! mashallah well done. I met Aashiq Al Rasul in stockholm for an Eid event I was hosting that they performed at. Very talented!